Print Friendly Recipe
- Lynn Perry
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lean ground beef/(ground pork-optional)
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups (475 ml) frozen corn
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can Mexican Style Tomatoes (Italian Style-Opptional)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) tomatoe paste
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) cumin
- water or chicken or beef broth to cover
- salt and pepper to tase
- refried beans, optional
- Saute meat, drain off 3/4 of the fat.
- Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper, cook until onion is translucent.
- Add potatoes, corn, canned tomatoes, tomatoe paste, and spices.
- Cover ingredients with water or broth.
- Cook until potatoes are done.
- Serve hot in bowls with tortillas on the side.
- Can also be served on plate with refried beans and tortillas.
- Famliy Dish from Mexico
Can be changed by using Italian Style Tomatoes or pork
Very fast and easy. The family loves it!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.