Print Friendly Recipe
- Uses canned salmon to make a log shape; served with crackers.
- Vicky's sister Kim
- 1 can pink salmon, cleaned well
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package cream cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated onion (or minced fine)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) horseradish
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) liquid smoke (this is an important ingredient, don't omit!)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pecans, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Drain, clean and flake salmon.
- Combine salmon with softened cream cheese, lemon juice, onion, horseradish and liquid smoke.
- Mix thoroughly and chill for several hours.
- Combine parsley and pecans.
- Shape salmon mixture into an 8 x 2 inch log.
- Roll in nut mixture and chill some more.
- Serve with crackers.
- This is really good! The liquid smoke can sometimes be hard to find -- it's usually with the catsup and BBQ sauces.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.