Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). butter
- 6 tbsp (90 ml). olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). finely chopped green onions (green part only)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). (or more to taste) hot sauce
- 2 dozen freshly shucked oysters, drained
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the green onions, parsley, Worcestershire and hot sauce.
- Cook, stirring, for about two minutes.
- Arrange the oysters in one layer in a shallow roasting pan.
- Pour the butter-olive oil sauce over the oysters.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Broil the oysters until they just curl, two to three minutes.
- Serve immediately over toast points or tossed in cooked linguine.
- You can sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese if you wish.
- I found this recipe in the New Orleans newspaper. I made it for my fiance and he just loved it.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.