Print Friendly Recipe
- Creamy Chicken Pie
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). chicken breast, skinned and diced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
- 1 leek, sliced into thin rings
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or crushed
- 1 tsp (5 ml). lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dried Italian herb mix (more if you like)
- 3-1/8 cups (750 ml) cream
- savoury or puff pie pastry (enough for base and lid)
- Heat oil in a large pan and saute chicken with the lemon pepper for 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add garlic and onion to pan and saute 1 minute.
- Add chopped leek and cook for another minute.
- Add the cream and the Italian herbs and salt to taste.
- Add the chicken back to the mixture and let cool a little.
- Line your pie dish (it needs to be quite a large dish) with the rolled out pastry setting aside enough for the top crust.
- Spoon (or pour) the chicken mixture into the pie casing.
- Brush a little milk around the edges and place on the top crust, pinching the edges together with your fingers to seal them.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for about 30 minutes.
- I had chicken to cook one day and this pie just happened but it was so yummy I kept in mind what I had done. Do try it, we had mashed spuds and honey carrots with it it was great and can be pre-made earlier in the day as long as your chicken is cooked through.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.