Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri McKibbon
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). olive oil
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). lean minced beef
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dried basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). crushed dried red chilies
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). fresh ground pepper
- 10 oz (280 grm). Italian or Mexican stewed tomatoes(herbed optional)
- 5-1/2 oz (154 grm). Primo or Hunts tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Italian red wine (dry)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cubed green peppers
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). thin spaghetti noodles
- 1 romaine for 2
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt (fresh ground pepper for taste)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). dry mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, cooked for 10 seconds in boiling water
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) parmasean cheese
- 6 anchovies (optional)
- 10 crutons
- *for an easier dressing use enough for two, Kraft Caesar dressing, 1/2 of lemon juice, 4 tbsp (60 ml) parmasean cheese, mix).
- Over medium heat, fry onion and garlic in oil until transparent.
- Mix in meat, bay leaf, basil, oregano, chilies, salt and pepper; brown 15 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, paste, and wine.
- Simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add green peppers and mushrooms and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Cook noodles in water.
- Serve meat sauce over noodles.
- Tear chilled romaine lettuce into bite size pieces and place in salad bowl.
- Add salt and pepper, garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and toss.
- Break egg onto lettuce, add lemon juice and oil; toss until coated.
- Toss cheese and mix well.
- For the easier version mix in small bowl enough for two:
- Kraft caesar dressing, 1/2 a lemon juice, 4-5 big tbsp of parmasen, mix well.
- In large bowl combine coat bite size pieces of romaine with lots of parmasen then toss with dressing.
- Transfer onto individual plates and sprinkle each dish with parmasen cheese before serving.
- This romantic meal is even better with just the right jazz music in the background.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.