Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 medium cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dry minced onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dry mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) celery seed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) salad oil
- Put cabbage in large bowl.
- In saucepan combine rest of ingredients except oil.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Mix in oil.
- Pour over cabbage.
- Cool a bit, then cover and chill for at least 4 hours, stirring once.
- Lift cabbage out of dressing with slotted spoon to serve.
- Note: original recipe has thinly sliced onion rings layered with cabbage and does not use dry onion in dressing. Adapted from Sunset.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.