Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri Mckibbon
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) plus 1 tsp (5 ml). extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups (700 ml) sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). anise seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) bread crumbs (mix fresh bread crumbs with fresh or dry parsley, romano, and parmesan cheese, store in freezer, for future breading)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) hot hungarian paprika
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced garlic
- 24 shucked oysters, on the half shell
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees (250 C.).
- Heat 1 tsp (5 ml). of oil in skillet on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Stir constantly for 4 minutes.
- Refridgerate mushrooms until chilled.
- Cut mushrooms to fine pieces, set aside.
- Dry roast the anise seeds; cook in skillet over medium until color changes and aroma releases, 2-3 minutes.
- Crush seeds with rolling pin; set aside.
- In a bowl mix bread crumbs, cheese, thyme, oregano, red pepper flakes, paprika, garlic, mushrooms, and remaining 3/4 cup (175 ml) olive oil.
- Blend using hands.
- Top each oyster with mixture, sprinkle bread crumbs over top.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Serve with a nice bottle of dry white wine and you can't lose with this recipe.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.