Print Friendly Recipe
- Family Circle Magazine (11/24/92) by way of Suzanne
Serves/Makes:3 dozen approx.
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 cups (475 ml) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dark rum OR 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease large baking sheets.
- Prepare Cookies:
- Beat butter, 3/4 cup (175 ml) granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl until creamy.
- Add banana.
- Beat at medium speed 1 minute.
- Beat in flour and salt.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Refrigerate dough to firm if necessary.
- Drop dough by scant tspfuls, 2 1/2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Dip bottom of glass in remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar.
- Press down dough into 2-inch circles.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 15 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Remove to rack to cool.
- Prepare filling:
- Beat sugar, butter cheese, rum or vanilla, and nutmeg in bowl until smooth.
- Spread half of cookies with filling; top with remaining cookies.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.