Print Friendly Recipe
- Sicilian Cookies
- St Joseph Church, NY
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) sugar
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) grated lemon peel
- 2 cups (475 ml) vegetalbe oil
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) honey
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated orange peel
- candy sprinkles, optional
- powdered sugar, optional
- Put flour on a board and make a well in the center.
- Add eggs, egg yolk, oil, sugar, salt, and lemon peel.
- Mix and work dough well.
- Shape dough into very small balls about the size of marbles, and fry in 2 cups (475 ml) of hot oil until golden.
- Fry only a few at a time.
- While dough is frying, melt honey in saucepan and add orange peel.
- When balls are done drop them in the honey and orange peel mixture and remove with a strainer spoon.
- Pile on a serving dish into a conical mound.
- Top with candy sprinkles or powdered sugar or leave plain.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.