Print Friendly Recipe
- mrs. wiggs
Serves/Makes:2 large loaves
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- i 2 oz (56 grm). pkgs. dry yeast
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 cup (225 ml) oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup (225 ml) pecans, raisins or diced dates(optional)
- Cinnamon-sugar mixture:
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) margarine
- Stir together sugar, flour, milk and yeast until smooth.
- Cover loosely and leave in a warm place for 24 hours.
- Cover loosely (I put in a jar and cover with a square of cloth and a rubber band) and refrigerate.
- Stir everyday five days.
- On the fifth day stir in 1 cup (225 ml) sugar, 2 cups (475 ml) flour, 2 cups (475 ml) milk and cover loosely, leave in a warm place 24 hours.
- Refrigerate covered loosely.
- Stir every day for 5 days.
- On the tenth day remove 2 cups (475 ml) of starter.
- To the remaining starter add 1 cup (225 ml) milk, 1 cup (225 ml) flour, 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar and leave this out overnight.
- This is your new starter.
- Stir everyday and feed once a week.
- Pour 2 cups (475 ml) of starter you removed into a bowl.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, oil, vanilla, eggs, baking powder, buttermilk, and pudding mix to bowl and beat well.
- Pour into two well greased loaf pans.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool on rack.
- This is a sour dough bread and takes several days to make at first. After you have starter in your frig. you can make it every week. DO NOT USE A METAL SPOON OR BOWL!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.