Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 5 16 oz (448 grm). cans beef broth )
- 2-1/2 cans water (empty broth cans)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) port wine
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) burgandy wine
- french bread loaf
- mozarella, gruyere or swiss cheese
- In large pot, melt butter with oil.
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add sugar and flour; cook 1 minute.
- Add beef broth, water, salt and pepper; simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in wines and cook 2 hours.
- Preheat broiler to serve
- Pour soup into crocks; place french bread on top.
- Cover bread with cheese.
- Place under broiler until bubbly.
- This is a wonderful soup that helps me get through cold winters in Canada.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.