Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri Mckibbon
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 6 lbs (2.7 kg). pork baby back ribs
- 4 oz (112 grm). tap water
- 3 cups (700 ml) barbecue sauce
- Barbecue Sauce:
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) olive oil
- 2 oz (56 grm). Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 oz (28 grm). scallion, chopped
- 2 oz (56 grm). fresh green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/4 oz (35 grm). brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml). chili powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml). dried oregano
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ground cloves
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 oz (42 grm). paprika powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dry mustard
- 2 oz (56 grm). lemon juice
- 3 oz (84 grm). Worcestershire sauce
- 3 oz (84 grm). red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) crushed tomatoes
- 4-1/2 oz (126 grm). chile sauce
- 1-1/2 oz (42 grm). ketchup
- 3 oz (84 grm). grandma molasses
- 1-1/2 oz (42 grm). honey
- 1-1/2 oz (42 grm). Crystal Hot Louisiana sauce
- Heat oil in pot.
- Add onions, scallions and peppers and saute.
- Add garlic, sugar, and remaining dry ingredients.
- Add liquid ingredients and continue to stir.
- Simmer 3 hours, until flavor mixes well.
- Remove back sinew of ribs and sear on hot grill, both sides.
- Place ribs in roasting pan.
- Combine water and sauce and pour over ribs.
- Bring to boil on stove and cover with foil.
- Place in 350 degree (175 C.) oven until tender, but not falling off bone.
- Cool before serving.
- Serve with plenty of napkins.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.