Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:serves 6 or more
- 2 pints strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 1 oz (28 grm). envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sugar
- 4 egg yolks, well beaten (save whites for later use in recipe)
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) Cool Whip whipped topping
- 2 or more drops red food coloring, optional
- Puree berries in blender.
- In a 1 quart (950 ml) sauce pan combine 1 cup (225 ml) berry puree, gelatin, water, the 2/3 cup (150 ml) sugar, egg yolks and salt; stir to mix.
- Heat about 4 minutes or until mixture just begins to boil.
- Cool slightly.
- Add remaining berries and lemon juice.
- Chill until consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Beat eff whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar, one tbsp at a time, beating constantly until stiff and glossy.
- Fold Cool Whip and berry mixture into whites.
- Add food coloring, if desired.
- Pour into 2 quarts (1900 ml) mold.
- Chill at least 3 hours.
- From Sharp's Cookbook. This is perfect for a light dessert on a hot summer day.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.