Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri Mckibbon
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground pork and veal
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). ground sausage
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) fresh white bread crumbs
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Prego spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fruit chutney
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dried apricots
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). green peppercorns, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). roasted sesame seeds
- Tomato Cream Sauce:
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) Prego spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). seeded mustard
- Grease 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine pork, veal, and sausage in bowl.
- Add bread crumbs, pepper, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, chutney, egg, apricots, peppercorns, mint, paprika; mix well.
- Press mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients over low heat.
- Carefully pour off juices from meatloaf.
- Turn out meatloaf and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Slice and serve with heated sauce.
- This is a simple dish with a very elegant taste.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.