Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri McK
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). boneless lamb, shoulder trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). vegetable oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery,chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tsp (5 ml). minced gingerroot
- 4 tsp (20 ml). curry powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml). coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can tomatoes, not drained, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chicken stock or tomato juice
- 1 apple, seeded, and chopped
- salt and pepper
- hot cooked rice
- In non-stick pan add oil and heat to high.
- Toss lamb in flour.
- Add lamb to heated pan.
- Brown each side, and pour off fat.
- Reduce heat and add onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and gingerroot.
- Cook 3 minutes and add curry and corriander seeds; cook another 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and chicken stock; bring to simmer.
- Reduce heat again to low and cover.
- Cook 10 minutes then add apple and cook another 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Season to taste.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- This is a wonderful dish that is both light in flavour as well as calories.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.