Print Friendly Recipe
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped, divided use
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). minced garlic
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 to 3 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground sausage
- 1 large can V-8 juice
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can tomato paste
- 6 cans Bush's Best Chili Hot Beans
- 5 tbsp (70 ml). chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). garlic powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). oregano
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). basil
- Tabasco, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Add half of the onion, the minced garlic, bell peppers, and jalapenos.
- Saute for about five minutes.
- Add ground beef and ground pork, and cook until beef/pork is browned.
- Drain meat mixture in colander; set aside.
- In a large pot, combine V-8 juice, tomato paste, and beans.
- Add meat mixture; stir well.
- Add seasonings; stir well.
- Simmer on low for one hour, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Serve topped with remainder of chopped red onions.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.