Print Friendly Recipe
- I had this recently on vacation, it is delectible! Try it!
- From Rise & Dine, by Marcy Claman via S. Chokel
- Coffee Cake Ingredients:
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) butter
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) almond extract
- Filling Ingredients:
- 8 oz (224 grm). cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raspberry jam
- Topping Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced almonds
- Coffee Cake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in the butter using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup (225 ml) of crumbs for topping.
- To remaining crumb mixture, add baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, egg, and almond extract; blend well.
- Spread batter over bottom and 2 inches up sides of a greased and floured 9-inch springform pan.
- Batter should be 1/4-inch thick on sides.
- Filling Directions:
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and egg and blend well.
- Pour over batter in pan.
- Spoon jam evenly over the cheese filling.
- Topping Directions:
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup (225 ml) of reserved crumbs and almonds and sprinkle over top.
- Baking Directions:
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until crean cheese is set and crust is a deep golden brown.
- Cool 15 minutes, remove sides, and cool completely.
- Note: Best served at room temperature.
Approximate values per serving: 574 calories, 30 g fat, 122 mg cholesterol, 69 g carbohydrates, .6 g fiber, 9 g protein, 448 mg sodium, 47 percent calories from fat.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.