Print Friendly Recipe
- A treat for diabetics or dieters! Pretty good considering they are "diet corrected"!
- S. Chokel
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) shortening
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) peanut butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 4 packets Sweet 'N Low sugar substitute
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.) and grease a baking sheet very lightly.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine shortening and peanut butter and beat with a spoon until creamy.
- Gradually add brown sugar, continuing to beat until light and fluffy.
- Add Sweet 'N Low and eggs; beat well.
- Thoroughly mix in the dry ingredients.
- Drop dough by tspfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten with tines of a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Remove cookies to wire racks and let cool.
- I used Splenda in my recipe and they turned out just fine. They are not as rich as "real" peanut butter cookies, but they are really far better than anything you can buy in at the store!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.