Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). chopped meat
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) fat, oil, crisco, etc.
- 1 large onion, chopped (I use Spanish or Vidalia)
- 1 large can tomatoes, chopped or diced
- 1 10-1/2 oz (294 grm). can tomato soup
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). paprika
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) to 6 tbsp (90 ml) chili powder (the more you use the spicier it is)
- 1 clove garlic,chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Heat fat in large pot, Dutch oven, or skillet.
- Add onion, green pepper, and chopped meat.
- Cook until brown stirring occasionally.
- Add next 6 ingredients; stir together.
- Cover and simmer about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add additional water if mixture is too thick.
- Combine garlic and salt.
- Add garlic mixture and kidney beans to meat mixture.
- Stir well; heat to boiling.
- The first time I made this recipe it called for 1 T. chili powder. I tasted the chili and could not taste the chili powder, so I kept adding more, so when I say 4 to 6 T. chili powder, you may want to start with 1 T. and work your way up like I did. Hope you enjoy!!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.