Print Friendly Recipe
- Tradtional old fashioned Blackberry Jam Cake.
- Laura and Jay's Mom
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) blackberry jam
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cloves
- 1 tsp (5 ml) nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and blackberry jam. Beat thoroughly.
- Sift the flour, measure and resift with soda, salt, and spices.
- Add alternately with buttermilk to the first mixture of sugar and eggs. Beat well.
- Pour into well greased tube cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 55 minutes.
- Use a caramel frosting for tradtional icing.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.