Print Friendly Recipe
- If you have a large crockpot, this is the easiest, foolproof way to make corned beef and cabbage.
- 8 small red skinned potatoes, quartered
- 1 3 lb (1.4 kg). corned beef brisket
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 head cabbage, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- In a 6 quarts (5675 ml) crockpot, place the potatoes on the bottom.
- Top with the corned beef, including any juices in the package.
- Scatter on the onions, peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Add water to cover.
- Cover and cook on low 6 hours.
- Add the cabbage wedges and continue cooking until the meat is cooked and vegetables are tender, an additional 2 to 3 hours.
- Slice the meat and serve with the vegetables, drizzling some of the juices over all.
- I found this recipe on the internet and haven't had the opportunity to try it yet but it sure sounds good. I hope you'll enjoy it.
Careful on cooking the cabbage as long as suggested!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.