Print Friendly Recipe
- MsTified via Epicurios.com
- 1 4-1/2 lbs (2 kg). chicken, quartered, backbone removed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried oregano
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 large russet potatoes about 14 oz (392 grm). each, peeled, each cut into 6 pieces
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) or more dried crushed red pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken stock or canned chicken broth
- 1 cup (225 ml) frozen green peas, thawed
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (225 C.).
- Sprinkle chicken pieces generously with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle oregano and garlic powder over chicken; set aside.
- Heat oil in large ovenproof pot over high heat.
- Add potatoes and saute until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to bowl.
- Add chicken to same pot and saute until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic cloves and dried crushed red pepper and saute 2 minutes.
- Return potatoes to pot.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Add stock.
- Return to medium-high heat and bring to boil.
- Cover pot tightly; transfer to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Add peas to pot; cover and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer chicken to platter.
- Arrange potatoes and peas around chicken.
- Pour sauce from pot over chicken.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired, and serve.
- This recipe is from the restaurant of the famous long-time Cubs announcer, Harry Carey, in Chicago, Illinois.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.