Print Friendly Recipe
- Steak and Wine Sauce
- La Sante Gourmet Foods
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) whole white peppercorns
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) whole black peppercorns
- 6 8 oz (224 grm). entrecotes
- pinch kosher salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) almond or safflower oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) dry sherry or port
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) veal stock
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) unsalted butter, cut small pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) pink peppercorns soaked in port wine overnight
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) green Madagascar peppercorns
- With back of heavy sauce pan crush white and black peppercorns.
- Remove all fat from entrecotes; season with salt and crushed peppercorns.
- Heat large sauce pan, add oil, heat to medium, add seasoned entrecotes, cook each side 4 minutes; remove and keep warm.
- Deglaze pan with port; reduce to half.
- Add cream and veal stock; cook until thickened, enough to coat spoon.
- Whisk in butter, 1 piece at time, and season with salt.
- Place entrecotes on serving plate; ladle sauce over steaks
- Sprinkle remaining peppercorns over each steak.
- This dish will impress your guests. Serve with port and roasted herbed potatoes.
You may also grill the steaks but season with the above seasoning first. Ladle sauce over steaks once grilled.
Entrecote is the French term for a steak cut froom between the ninth and eleventh ribs of beef and is a very tender cut.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.