Print Friendly Recipe
- Main Disn
- 1 lb (.5 kg). andouille or Cajun-style sausage
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) peanut oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped cooked ham
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Cajun seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14.5 oz (406 grm). can Cajun-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) hot sauce (I use Tabasco)
- 3 cups (700 ml) hot cooked rice
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely chopped green onion
- Cut sausage into 1/2-inch slices; cut chicken into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cook sausage in oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until browned.
- Add chicken, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in ham, and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Remove meat mixture, reserving 1 tbsp (15 ml) drippings in Dutch oven; stir in cajun seasoning and next 5 ingredients.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chicken broth, and remaining ingredients; cook stirring constantly, 2 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.