Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) all-purpose baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 3 cups (700 ml) fresh strawberries, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine, chilled
- Beat 1/4 cup (60 ml) softened butter at medium speed with an electric mixer; gradually add 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar, beating well.
- Add egg and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Arrange strawberries on top, cut side down.
- Combine 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour and 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar; cut in 1/4 cup (60 ml) chilled butter with pastry blender until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over strawberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.