Print Friendly Recipe
- Momma Thyme
Serves/Makes:1 bundt cake
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 oz (84 grm). cream cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely chopped pecans
- 4 oz (112 grm). package German sweet baking chocolate
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- 2-2/3 cups (625 ml) all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dark rum
- 3 whole eggs
- powdered sugar or chocolate glaze, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) and prepare a 12 cups (2825 ml) bundt pan with shortening and flour.
- In a heavy saucepan, over low heat, blend condensed milk, cream cheese, and chocolate chips until chocolate chips melt, then stir in the nuts. Cool 15 minutes, set aside.
- In small saucepan, over low heat, melt german chocolate in water and scrape the chocolate into a large mixing bowl.
- In the large bowl, blend the chocolate mixture and add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, butter, eggs and rum.
- Beat a good 3 minutes at medium speed to make sure all the ingredients are blended, then pour 3 to 4 cups (950 ml) of batter into the bottom of the prepared bundt pan.
- Next, spoon the cooled chocolate filling over batter, without touching any of the sides of the pan.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 50 to 65 minutes or until top of the cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool upright in the bundt pan on a rack for 15 minutes, then turn the pan onto serving platter.
- Cool completely to room temperature, and then refrigerate.
- Sprinkle top with powdered sugar or make a simple chocolate glaze. This cake is excellent served with vanilla ice cream.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.