Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 8-inch unbaked flakey pie crusts
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) molasses
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) boiling water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Mix the sugar, flour and butter together. Save out 1/2 cup (125 ml) fo this mixture for the crumbs to be used on the top of the pies.
- Beat the egg and add the molasses and boiling water in which the soda has been dissolved.
- Add to the sugar mixture and blend them well.
- Pour into the two unbaked pastry shells.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the tops and bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- This recipe comes from a deceased relative's (Elizabeth) personal collection that is dated "September 1924". She was married in June of 1924 and the notation by the recipe states, "Aunt Myrtle's best pie Edmund likes". Edmund was her husband.
Look for the word "heritage" in the word search, as I will be adding as many as I can read and type out to this site's collection.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.