Print Friendly Recipe
- Simple dish to make with the bounty of summer's tomato harvest. Deeeelicious too!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:3 or more servings
- 3 large fresh tomatoes
- 3 tablespooons fine bread crumbs, soft or dry are fine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) parmesan cheese, grated
- half 6 tsp (30 ml) pats of butter, unsalted best if you have it
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Cut the tomatoes in half horizontally and place on a flat baking pan.
- Mix the bread crumbs and the cheese together so that they are well blended.
- Sprinkle tops of the tomatoes the bread/cheese mixture.
- Top each tomato with a half a tsp pat of butter.
- Place in a preheated broiler about 4-inches from heat source and broil until topping is nicely browned.
- Sprinkle the edges with parsley.
- Serve hot with grilled or roasted meats or as a luncheon entree.
Use a nice drizzle of extra virgin olive oil in place of the butter on top of the tomatoes.
Use 6 medium large tomatoes per person and cut off the top third and use the 2/3 tomato per person.
Score out a small cavity in each tomato and place a small ball of herbed cream cheese or boursin cheese into the cavity, top and cook as directed for a delicious treat.
Instead of garnishing with chopped parsley, use fresh basil chiffionade for a tremendous taste sensation.
Core out the seeds and membranes of the tomato, leaving the fleshy sides, stuff with a rice, green pepper, onion, Monterey Jack cheese, and tomato sauce mixture, top and broil as directed for a great entree.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.