Print Friendly Recipe
- A good dessert to take to covered dish suppers
Serves/Makes:12 or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) walnuts (divided into two parts)
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flaked coconut
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). packages cream cheese
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 can fruit pie filling
- cool whip or ice cream
- Chop half of the walnuts very fine.
- Blend flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter.
- Add the 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped nuts and coconut.
- Reserve 1/2 cup (125 ml) crumbs for topping.
- Pat into a 9 x 13 inch greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 15 minutes.
- Mix sugar, cream cheese, vanilla and egg; cream well.
- Pour over crust and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Remove frome oven and pour pie filling on top and sprinkle with reserved crumbs and remaining nuts.
- Bake 15 more minutes.
- Cool in pan on cooling rack.
- Refrigerate several hours.
- Cut into bars to serve.
- Serve with cool whip or ice cream.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.