Print Friendly Recipe
- Vicky Bryant (off internet)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) ketchup
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) hot sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) browning and seasoning sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- STIR together all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 7 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Cover and chill sauce until ready to serve.
- Serve with smoked pork shoulder.
- This sauce is often referred to as Lexington-Style Dip, but there are many variations. Most folks can't resist adding their own touch.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Texas Pete Hot Sauce and Kitchen Bouquet Browning & Seasoning Sauce.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.