Print Friendly Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tsp (10 ml). vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) caramel topping
- 8 tbsp (125 ml). brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and sugar; mix well.
- In a heavy 1-quart saucepan, heat cream until almost boiling.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Slowly pour cream mixture into egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp (15 ml). of caramel in each of 8 ramekins or 6 oz (168 grm). custard cups.
- Pour egg and cream mixture over caramel topping.
- Place ramekins/cups in a 13x9x2 inch pan on oven rack.
- Pour very hot water around the cups in pan, to one inch deep.
- Bake 1 hour or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.
- Remove ramekins from water bath.
- Immediately chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp (15 ml). brown sugar over each ramekin.
- Broil 3 inches from heat for 15 seconds or until sugar begins to bubble.
- Chill until serving time.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.