Print Friendly Recipe
- cooked apples with a crumb topping
- Maria A Marquez
- Apple Filling:
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground nutmeg
- 6 cups (1425 ml) apples, sliced and peeled (you can use any apples you want but I find Fugi apples are good)
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 2 sticks melted Butter, slightly cooled
- Apple Filling:
- In a large saucepan combine sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Gently stir in the apples, sliced and peeled.
- Cook and stir over medium heat til it starts bubbling.
- Cover and cook about 5 minutes (make sure to keep checking on it) til apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside in a cake pan.
- In a bowl add the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter (make sure butter is slightly cooled).
- Mix together until you get crumb pieces.
- Sprinkle on top of the apples.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for about 30 minutes or until crumb topping gets nice and hard.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Okay, I made this recipe up and when I made it, it tasted great. I hope this turns out good for other people too. Let me know if you like my recipe or recommend other things for it.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.