Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri McK
- Raspberry vinegar dressing:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) liquid honey
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime juice
- suggested pineapples cut in half and cleaned out, reserve pinapple and slice into bite size pieces
- 2 heads boston lettuce (depending on size of group)
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 2 cups (475 ml) loose spinach packed
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). or more of prosciutto or smoked ham, julienned
- 2 or more grapefruits, diced into bite size pieces
- 2 or more apples, diced into bite size pieces
- 2 cups (475 ml) seedless red and green grapes
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). or more both strawberries and raspberries
- 1 cantaloupe, melon balled
- Cut each pineapple lengthwise, cut remaining pineapple into bite size pieces.
- Place all fruit except berries in mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl tear greens.
- In small whisking bowl combine dressing ingredients and whisk, about 1 minute.
- Reserve enough to lightly coat fruit.
- Pour dressing over mixed greens and toss.
- Place mixed greens into empty pineapple bowls, reserve top of each pineapple for decoration.
- Add prosciutto and fruit, reserve berries, to each bowl, add small amount of reserved dressing, toss gently.
- Arrange fruit bowls onto serving plates.
- Place tops of pineapple at one end of each boat, slighly draped over that end.
- Garnish with berries.
- You may also add a large mint leaf at the other end of each boat, sort of spilling out.
- (Make sure berries are right in centre of each boat).
- This is not only a beautiful presentation but it also tastes great.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.