Print Friendly Recipe
- Terri McK
- 9 sheets un-cooked lasagne pasta
- Tomato Sauce:
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). fresh tomatoes, peeled, or canned, drained
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh basil, 6 whole leaves reserved
- salt and pepper
- pinch sugar
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) unsalted butter
- 8 oz (224 grm). mozzerella cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain, reserve covered with damp cloth.
- In large sauce pan, on medium heat, add oil, then garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Lower heat and simmer 35 minutes.
- Add more seasoning if desired.
- In bowl beat ricotta and butter together until creamy, stir in remaining ingredients.
- Oil rectangular dish and place 3 lasagna noodles.
- Cover with one third of the sauce and spread evenly then spread over top a layer of cheese.
- Add another 3 sheets of pasta over top and cover with more sauce and repeat with another layer of cheese.
- Add the remaining cheese and cover with another layer of pasta, top with sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes at 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Uncover and cook 10 more minutes.
- Garnish with reserved leaves and let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- For a large group just double up on ingredients.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.