Print Friendly Recipe
- Salad Ingredients:
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). cooked chicken, diced
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). cooked ham, diced
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). fried crisp, crumbled bacon
- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs, chopped small
- 4 avocados, diced
- 1 7-3/4 oz (217 grm). can of pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 2 bunches of radishes, sliced
- 1-1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 heads lettuce, or equal amount of mixed greens
- 1 lb (.5 kg). mushrooms, sliced
- 3 6 oz (168 grm). jars marinated artichoke hearts, diced, reserve juice
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) white vinegar
- 1 cup (225 ml) salad oil of your choice
- Artichoke juice that was reserved
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar, (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salad herbs, (basil, or whatever you like)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, artichoke juice and dressing seasonings; marinate the mushrooms and artichoke hearts in dressing for a good 3 to 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, mix the remaining ingredients and toss with the dressing, mushrooms and artichoke hearts.
- Hint: You can keep all the prepared ingredients in the refrigerator for up to a full day prior to tossing together in individual containers or zip lock bags. Then, put all the ingredients into a large kitchen sized plastic trash bag, unused of course, them toss it all gently, place in salad bowl(s) of choice for service. The salad will keep refrigerated in the plastic bag in the refrigerator for about 4-5 hours to replenish emptying salad bowls with cold crisp salad before it gets too limp and weepy from the vinegar in the dressing.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.