Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:20 or more
- 12 cups (2825 ml) diced cooked chicken
- 10 cups (2350 ml) diced celery
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) minced onion
- 8 cups (1900 ml) grated sharp cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) sherry (real sherry, not cooking, is best to use)
- 3 cups (700 ml) mayonnaise (Best Foods or Hellman's best to use)
- 3 cups (700 ml) toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon zest
- 2 11 oz (308 grm). cans cream of celery soup
- 2 11 oz (308 grm). cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) poultry seasoning
- 2 large cans (or bags) of crispy Chinese Noodles
- Mix all the ingredients together, omitting the Chinese noodles in a large bowl.
- Place in a well greased oven-proof casserole or roasting pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes.
- Take from the oven and top with the Chinese Noodles.
- Put back into the oven until nicely browned, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Hint: Add sliced water chestnuts for more crunch and some chopped pimento and frozen peas for color. Increase the creaminess and flavor of the "sauce" by adding some sour cream to the consistency and taste you like. No more than 1 1/2 cups should be right.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.