Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 oz (112 grm). bow tie or penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 tsp (10 ml). olive oil
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg). skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp (10 ml). minced garlic
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 14-1/2 oz (406 grm). can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dried, crushed red pepper
- 2 cups (475 ml) tightly packed torn fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Add chicken and garlic to pan; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, tomatoes, and crushed pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and spinach to pan.
- Cook 2 minutes, or until spinach wilts, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle stew into individual bowls; sprinkle with cheese.
- Per serving: Calories 288 Fat 5.7G Fiber 2.0G
- My crew likes garlic and crushed red pepper, so I add accordingly. We've done this with shrimp as well, and it turns out great.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.