Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) butter, divided
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fresh shrimp, peeled
- 1 lb (.5 kg). crab meat
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) bread crumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 fillets of trout
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Saute onions, bell pepper and garlic in 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the butter.
- Add shrimp and cook until it turns pink.
- Remove shrimp only to large mixing bowl and add crab meat, eggs, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Reserve saute.
- Toss seafood to mix well.
- In a lightly greased baking dish, place 6 fillets side-by-side.
- Spoon the seafood mixture onto each fillet evenly.
- Place another fillet on top of each, creating a "sandwich."
- Meanwhile, add the remaining 1 cup (225 ml) butter, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, mustard and Tabasco to the reserved saute and heat until bubbly.
- Pour over fish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 minutes.
- Baste with sauce every 10 minutes, and remove the foil the last 10-15 minutes of baking time.
- This "out-of-this-world" treat was created especially for Louisiana legacy by Belle Toups and Janet Lasseigne during a weekend at Grand Isle, where Louisiana seafood abounds!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.