Print Friendly Recipe
- Plain quiche, thus the word Lorraine
- Judy C. Miller
- 1 prepared 9 inch deep-dish pie crust
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). bacon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- Tabasco to taste (optional, but good)
- 1 4 oz (112 grm). can mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 of a 4 oz (112 grm). jar pimiento
- Prepare your favorite (or buy a good, ready-made, un-baked) 9 inch deep-dish pie crust, bake and set aside
- Fry the bacon and crumble.
- Grate the cheese and onion (if necessary).
- Beat the eggs; add milk and seasonings.
- Layer the ingredients in the pie shell in following order:
- Swiss cheese
- cheddar cheese
- Pour the egg mixture over the layers.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes.
- Leave out the Tabasco if you are using other favorite ingredients such as Spinach, etc. If you prefer not to use Tabasco, add 1/4 t. pepper instead.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.