Print Friendly Recipe
- Chocolate sandwich cookie
Serves/Makes:24 or more cookies
- 4 cups (950 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) cocoa
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) cold water
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 2 cups (475 ml) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soft shortening
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- Cream together sugar, salt, shortening, eggs and vanilla in large bowl.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, salt and cocoa.
- Add this to the first mixture alternately with water and sour cream.
- Add a little more flour if not thick enough.
- Drop by tsp on cookie sheet and bake in a 400 degree (200 C.) oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until done.
- Mix filling ingrediants until smooth and creamy.
- After cookies have cooled, spread filling between 2 cookies.
- This is from an Amish cook book from Buchanan County, Iowa.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.