Print Friendly Recipe
- Candy Couch
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cream of tartar
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). peppermint oil
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) to 1 tsp (5 ml). red food coloring
- Blend together sugar, corn syrup, water and cream of tartar.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Without stirring, cook until the hard ball stage (265 degrees (125 C.) on candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat and add peppermint oil; blend well.
- Divide into two portions.
- Add red food coloring to one one half of candy.
- Pour candy onto two greased plates.
- Let cool.
- When cool enough to handle, pull each apart separately.
- Form into ropes and twist the white and red candy together.
- Cut into desired length and shape into canes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.