Print Friendly Recipe
- Tiny rice shaped pasta with tomato and basil make a flavorful Italian soup.
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). butter or margarine
- 2 small carrots, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). flour
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) uncooked Rosa Marina orzo
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt, or more to taste
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). dried basil
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (475 ml) hot milk
- Melt butter or margarine in large saucepan.
- Add carrots, onion, celery and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add flour and cook and stir an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except milk, and simmer covered for 10 to 15 minutes or until orzo and veggies are tender.
- Stir in hot milk, heating through, but do not boil.
- Serve immediately.
- Very warming and tastey.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.