Print Friendly Recipe
- Light rich flakey crust with a sticky rich custardy filling with crisp toasted walnuts on top! The best!
- Arizona Tart
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter (softened)
- 3 oz (84 grm). cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) melted butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped walnuts
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add flour and mix until a dough forms.
- Divide into 24 balls.
- With your fingers, press each ball into an ungreased mini muffin cup.
- Make sure the dough is smooth on the bottom and sides and doesn't hang over the top of the cup.
- Whisk the egg in a medium bowl.
- Add sugar, butter, salt and walnuts; mix well.
- Add the filling to the crust so that it comes almost to the top of the crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.), then for about 10 minutes at 250 degrees (125 C.).
- Test with a tooth pick.
- Cool before removing from muffin tins.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.