Print Friendly Recipe
- Martha Purdy
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 lb (.5 kg). candied pineapple, chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg). candied cherries, chopped
- 4 cups (950 ml) broken pecans
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon extract
- Grease a paper-lined springform tube pan with butter or margarine.
- Cream butter well.
- Add sugar gradually and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs.
- Add into creamed mixture, blending well.
- Mix fruit and nuts with small portion of sifted flour.
- Sift remaining flour and baking powder together.
- Fold flour mixture into egg and butter mixture.
- Add flavorings; mix well.
- Fold in fruit and nuts.
- Pour into prepared tube pan.
- Place in a cold oven and bake at 250 degrees (125 C.) for 3 hours.
- Cool in pan on cake rack.
- When cool, wrap tightly in foil.
- Store in canister 4 to 8 weeks.
- Yield: 1 cake or 2 loaves
- Note: May also be baked in two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans for 2 1/2 hours.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.