Print Friendly Recipe
- Ellen Jampole
Serves/Makes:1 10" cake
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) orange extract
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon extract
- 3 cups (700 ml) cake flour, divided
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) peach nectar
- 1 cup (225 ml) flaked coconut
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped candied pineapple (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped candied cherries (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup (225 ml) golden raisins (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 egg whites
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extracts.
- Combine 2 cups (475 ml) cake flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with nectar, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir together remaining 1 cup (225 ml) cake flour, coconut, and next 4 ingredients.
- Stir fruit mixture and pecans into batter.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into batter.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 275 degrees (125 C.) for 2 hours or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- If desired, wrap in cheesecloth, and soak with 1 cup (225 ml) peach brandy for two weeks.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.