Print Friendly Recipe
- Jackie Smith
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can tomato paste
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can plum tomatoes
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). basil
- 2 cups (475 ml) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parmesean cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) snipped parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 12 manicotti shells, uncooked
- Saute onion and garlic in oil.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer about 45 minutes or until thick.
- Ccombine 1 cup (225 ml) mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, parmesean cheese, eggs, parsley and salt.
- Mix well and use to stuff uncooked manicotti shells.
- 1/2 Ppour of sauce into oblong baking dish.
- Arrange manicotti shells on top of sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over shells.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup (225 ml) mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in pre-heated 400 degree (200 C.) oven for 40 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.