Print Friendly Recipe
- Martha Stewart's Show
Serves/Makes:1 10" cheesecake
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 1/2 recipe Cookie Crust
- 3-1/2 lbs (1.6 kg). cream cheese, room temperature
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream, room temperature
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- On a lightly floured piece of parchment paper, roll out cookie-crust dough to slightly more than 1/8 inch thick.
- Place the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan on top, and use a paring knife to cut out a round about 1/4 inch larger than the pan.
- Place dough on top of springform base; freeze 15 minutes.
- Remove dough from freezer; place on baking sheet.
- Bake until golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Butter sides of springform pan, and insert cooled bottom; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on medium until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and flour.
- With mixer on low, gradually add sugar mixture to cream cheese; continue beating until smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition and scraping bowl as necessary.
- Add sour cream and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Place on a Silpat-lined baking sheet, and bake until top is golden, about 1 hour and 40 minutes, rotating pan halfway through.
- Turn off oven, and prop open door; let cool completely.
- Remove from oven; leave in pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- This recipe comes from Martha's official website. The recipe is from her Dec 10th show.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.