Print Friendly Recipe
- Martha Purdy
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). tender fresh okra
- 5 pods red hot peppers
- 5 cloves garlic
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) pickling salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) celery seed or mustard seed
- 3 cups (700 ml) vinegar
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- Pack okra into 5 hot, sterilized pint jars.
- Add 1 hot pepper and 1 clove garlic to each jar.
- In a medium-size saucepan, bring remaining ingredients to a boil.
- Pour over packed okra leaving 1/2-inch head space.
- Seal jars and process in boiling water bath 10 minutes.
- To develop flavor, let set 3 to 4 weeks before serving.
- Makes 5 pints.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.