Print Friendly Recipe
- a Hungarian cookie
- Martha Purdy
- 4 egg yokes
- 4 cups (950 ml) flour, all purpose
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 1 yeast cake dissolved in 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- Nut Filling:
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 to 3 beaten egg whites, just enough to hold nuts together
- Nut Filling:
- Combine 1 lb (.5 kg). ground walnuts with 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar.
- Add 2 to 3 beaten egg whites, just enough to hold nuts together.
- Mix flour, salt and sugar together.
- Add butter and mix like pie dough.
- Add egg yokes and sour cream mixture; mix well.
- Shape dough like a meatloaf; wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, working with small sections of the dough (keep rest cold), roll out as thinly as possible, at least 1/8 inch (Use a mixture of powdered confectioners sugar and flour on surface).
- Cut out diamond shapes, 2 to 3 inches square.
- Place a scant tsp of filling on center of each diamond.
- Roll from one corner to another corner; shape into crescent.
- Bake on top rack of oven at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- WATCH them carefully so they do not burn.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.