Print Friendly Recipe
- Shrimp in a spicy sauce
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 6 cups (1425 ml) water
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). unpeeled medium size fresh shrimp
- 7 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) hot Creole mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). paprika
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) white vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- lettuce leaves
- Bring water to a boil; Add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain well; rinse with cold water and chill shrimp.
- Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
- Combine green onions, celery, garlic and parsley in food processor bowl fitted with a steel blade.
- Process 30 seconds, scraping sides of processor bowl occasionally.
- Add mustard and next 4 ingredients.
- Process 10 seconds or until ingredients are blended.
- Gradually add vegetable oil and olive oil through food chute with processor running.
- Continue processing until oil is blended and mixture is thickened.
- To serve, arrange shrimp on lettuce and top with dressing.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.